April 2013 Sales Chart
April 2013 Sales Conference Call (audio)
TORRANCE, Calif. (May 1, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported April 2013 sales results of 176,160 units, a decrease of 5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis compared to the same period last year. Unadjusted for 25 selling days in April 2013 versus 24 in April 2012, TMS sales were down 1.1 percent over the year-ago month.
Toyota Division posted April total sales of 158,069 units, down 5.4 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. Volume-wise, Toyota Division sales decreased 1.5 percent over April 2012.
“From an industry standpoint, continued retail sales growth indicates the underlying strength of the market, which is a great sign for the months ahead, especially with new products, low interest rates and plenty of pent up demand,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of Toyota Division. “Toyota’s two newest models – Avalon and RAV4 – continued to attract customers with double digit gains in April.”
Lexus reported April total sales of 18,091 units, down 1.0 percent on a DSR basis and up 3.1 percent by raw volume compared to the same period last year.
"With strong sales of our recently introduced LS and ES sedans, Lexus’ April sales were 3 percent higher than last year’s,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “We also celebrated Earth Month by selling 3,145 of our five luxury hybrid models, which accounted for 17 percent of our monthly sales. Lexus now sells two out of every three luxury hybrids, making Lexus the clear luxury hybrid leader.”
- TMS retail sales up 4.3 percent
- Toyota Division is No. 1 retail brand for the second consecutive month
- All-new Avalon up 119.4 percent for best April since 2007
- Camry sales top 30,000 units for the fifth consecutive month
- Toyota Division truck sales of nearly 70,000 units, up 11.6 percent
- All-new RAV4 posted best-ever April sales of 18,541 units, up 22 percent
- Tacoma continued to lead its segment with sales of 12,971 units, up 19 percent
- Tundra sales of 8,276 units, up 14.6 percent
- Sienna sales of 9,948 units, up 5.3 percent
- Prius family remains hybrid volume leader with sales of 19,889 units
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume (compared to the year-ago month).