August 2013 Sales Chart
August 2013 Sales Conference Call (audio clip)
TORRANCE, Calif. (Sept. 4, 2013)– Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported August 2013 sales results of 231,537 units, an increase of 18.4 percent over August 2012 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 28 selling days in August 2013, versus 27 selling days in August 2012, TMS sales increased 22.8 percent compared to the year-ago month.
Toyota Division posted August 2013 sales of 201,745 units, up 18.4 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. Volume wise, Toyota division sales increased 22.8 percent compared to August 2012.
“The auto industry continues to be a bright spot in the economic recovery,” said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. “August capped a great summer for new vehicle sales, and it was Toyota's best month in more than five years."
Lexus reported August 2013 sales of 29,792 units, a year-over-year increase of 18.5 percent on a DSR basis and 22.9 percent on a raw volume basis.
"August has traditionally been a big sales month for us and our Lexus dealers made it happen again, reaching a new high for the year," said Steve Hearne, Lexus vice president sales and dealer development. "Sales of the new IS sport sedan more than doubled and continues to bring new buyers into Lexus showrooms."
- Toyota division No. 1 retail brand for sixth consecutive month
- Camry best-selling car in America with sales of nearly 45,000 units
- Prius family up 30 percent with best-ever August
- TMS hybrid sales increase 34 percent with more than 60 percent market share
- All-new Avalon posts triple-digit gains for sixth consecutive month in a row
- All-new RAV4 sales up 50 percent
- Sienna up 23 percent
- Tacoma leads pickup sales with 25 percent increase
- All-new Lexus IS up 87 percent
- Lexus ES luxury passenger car leader with sales of more than 7,600 units
- Lexus GS up 22 percent
- Lexus RX leads luxury utility vehicle segment with sales of more than 11,400 units