Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America, Inc., Toyota Technical Center (TTC)
TOYOTA’S MISSION IN NORTH AMERICA
At Toyota, we believe an auto company can also be a vehicle for change. That’s why we support programs focused on environment, education and safety initiatives that help strengthen the diverse communities where we live and work – for today and for the future.
In addition to funding national programs, Toyota is proud to partner with nonprofit organizations across the U.S. in the local communities where we live and work. Toyota Technical Center believes in being an integral part of its local communities by contributing to the growth of the area through volunteerism and by funding vital community service programs.
In addition to focusing on Education, Environment, and Safety, TTC considers requests for support of programs that promote and strengthen Health and Human Services, Arts and Culture, Civic and Community Progress, Minorities and Diversity. Special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that can show sustainability. TEMA will, on occasion, support fund-raising activities where the majority of the proceeds from the event go directly to the organization.
Submission dates for applications are: February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1. Grants are reviewed quarterly (March, June, September and December).
TOYOTA TECHNICAL CENTER FAVORS PROPOSALS THAT:
- Are geared towards benefiting a large number of people
- Offer participation in local educational programs
- Exhibit clear, measurable, and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Target youth within any of the funding priority areas
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations
TOYOTA TECHNICAL CENTER DOES NOT PROVIDE FUNDING FOR:
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, age or national origin
- Political Organizations, Parties or Candidates
- Fraternal Organizations
- Religious Houses of Worship
- Labor Organizations
- Non-Charitable Organizations
- Individual or Private Schools
- Organizations from Foreign Countries
- Beauty pageants
- Athletic/Sports Games and Teams
- Fund-raisers and/or other programs that spend more than 40% of the collected funds on operating costs
- Subsidize routine institutional expenses or deficits
GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE FOR TOYOTA TECHNICAL CENTER - Michigan: specifically Washtenaw County; Arizona: specifically Maricopa County; California: specifically Los Angeles County