NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. The following promotion is intended for participants in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be governed by U.S. laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal U.S. resident currently located and residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below. Entrants are providing information to Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or at least nineteen (19) if a resident of Nebraska or Alabama, or at least twenty-one (21) if a resident of Mississippi or District of Columbia) at the time of entry (each an “Entrant” or, collectively, “Entrants”). Employees, owners, shareholders, officers and directors of Sponsor, Sponsor’s local dealer groups and authorized dealers, distributors, Administrator, Media Host (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, promotion and advertising agencies together with the Immediate Family Members and/or those living in the same household of such persons (collectively, “Household Members”), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses; and employees of “local dealer groups, authorized dealers and distributors” shall include individuals employed directly by the local dealer group, authorized dealer or distributor such as sales, mechanical, marketing, operations, and accounting staff. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant or potential winner in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant or potential winner will be deemed the Authorized Account Holder of the email address and/or mobile device associated with the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail/mobile account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Sweepstakes prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered prior to such prize being fulfilled to the winner. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: There are two (2) ways to enter.
App Entry: If Entrant has not already done so, Entrant must download the Shazam Application (the “App”) to his/her supported mobile phone device. App can be downloaded by visiting www.shazam.com, clicking the “Get Shazam” link and following the on-screen instructions to download the App for the applicable supported device or by visiting the application store for the applicable device and following the download instructions. Once the App is installed, the Entrant may enter by visiting www.toyota.com/camryeffect (the “Website”) and following the on-screen instructions to utilize the App to tag audio during play of the 30-second promotional spot (the “Ad”). The Ad will be available on the Website, on YouTube and on various media banners for the duration of the Sweepstakes, plus the Ad will be broadcast one (1) time during halftime of the Super Bowl on February 5, 2012. By using the App to capture the Ad audio, the Entrant will immediately be directed to a Sweepstakes entry page via either a direct connection or link, based on available cellular reception. Entrant must enter and submit the entry form including first and last name, date of birth, mobile/primary number and email address, plus affirmatively accept the rules to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Use of the App is free; however, CARRIER DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY.
Online Entry: To enter without the use of the App or a mobile device, Entrant must visit the Website and follow the on-screen instructions. Entrant must complete the entry form including first and last name, date of birth, mobile/primary number and email address, plus affirmatively accept the rules to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
During either entry process, the Entrant will have the option to provide the name of the friend with whom they might offer the additional vehicle (the “Friend”). Such Friend suggestion is non-binding and Entrant, if selected and confirmed as a winner, will have the opportunity to modify the name of the selected Friend prior to such Friend being notified as a potential winner.
Regardless of method of entry, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per calendar day between Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 1:00 pm ET and Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 11:59:59 pm ET and a limit of two (2) entries per person on Sunday, February 5 beginning at 12:01 am ET and ending at 10:00 pm ET. All entries must be received by Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 10:00 pm ET. Entries in excess of seven (7) may result in disqualification of the Entrant. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address and/or mobile number used for entry. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested on entry form to be eligible to win. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & FRIEND CONFIRMATION: One (1) potential winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Random drawing will take place on February 5, 2012 immediately following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winner will be notified after 10:30 pm ET via the mobile/primary phone number provided on the entry form and such phone number must be able to receive calls from a blocked or unknown number (the “Verification Call”). Potential winner must answer the phone and accept the Verification Call. If the potential winner does not answer the Verification Call on the first attempted outreach; there will be three (3) additional attempts to notify and verify the potential winner within a 15 minute time period. If the potential winner does not answer any of the four (4) attempted Verification Calls or if a potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. The alternate potential winner will be contacted in accordance with the aforementioned process. During the Verification Call, the potential winner will be required to verbally confirm eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules. Potential winner must consent to a background check and will be required to provide his/her Social Security number for such purpose during the Verification Call. Background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by Administrator and Sponsor to help ensure that winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes will not, in Administrator’s and Sponsor’s sole discretion, bring Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes Entities. Potential winner is bound to confidentiality and NOT permitted to publicly announce his/her status as the potential winner (via social or traditional media) prior to such information being publicly announced by the Sponsor. Any/all media requests, if applicable, must be approved in writing by the Sweepstakes Entities. Based on the initial verification process, the potential winner’s first name, last initial, city and state may be announced as the potential winner on or about February 5, 2012, and the potential winner hereby consents to such announcement and use of the potential winner’s aforementioned information by the Contest Entities. Confirmation as a winner and receipt of any prize will be pending final verification of eligibility and return of the Prize Claim Documents, as detailed below.
Within three (3) days of initial notification, the potential winner will be required to verify address and to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed Prize Claim Documents are returned. Upon completion of Prize Claim Documents and confirmation as the winner, such winner will be required to confirm the name and contact information for the Friend. The Friend must meet the eligibility criteria as set forth for the Sweepstakes and detailed in Section 2 of these Official Rules. The Friend will be required to sign and return Prize Claim Documents prior to the awarding of the prize vehicle. In the event the designated Friend declines the Friend prize for any reason, up to three (3) alternate Friends will be contacted in accordance with the aforementioned procedure. Winner and Friend will each receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sweepstakes Entities for the actual retail value of the prize received. Winner and Friend will be responsible for federal, state and local taxes related to acceptance of the prize. The IRS Form 1099 will be issued for the calendar year in which the prize is fulfilled. Winner and friend must provide the Administrator with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
6. PRIZES: The Grand Prize and the Friend Prize each consists of: One (1) 2012 Toyota Camry with model and options to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) of each prize: $26,640. Total cumulative promotional value of all prizes: $53,280. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to provide a projected tax allowance to help offset income tax liability. If applicable, the projected tax allowance will be awarded in the form of a check in an amount determined by Sponsor. If income taxes and other expenses exceed such amount, the additional expenses shall be the responsibility of the either the winner or friend, as applicable. The MSRP of any vehicle is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the MSRP is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Vehicle will be delivered with standard equipment for make and model. Title, taxes, registration, license, and similar fees, and insurance costs are the sole responsibility of the winner. Vehicle awarded may differ from vehicle shown in promotional materials. The recipients must take delivery of the vehicle, must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and will be required to show proof of insurance prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. Vehicle will be delivered to a dealer near recipient’s location (as determined by Sponsor) and if recipient does not personally pick up vehicle within thirty (30) days of delivery notice, vehicle may be forfeited. Sponsor shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of the vehicle, and delivery is subject to availability. Sponsor, however, shall use reasonable efforts, subject to availability, to deliver the vehicle within ninety (90) days of completion of the verification process. Sponsor reserves the right to provide a cash alternative or a prize of equal or greater value in their sole discretion. Vehicle will be delivered solely with the express limited warranties set forth in the vehicle’s Owner’s Guide, which warranties shall run for the term set forth in said Owner’s Guide.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle winner selection, notification and fulfillment tasks on Sponsor’s behalf. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant, on behalf of himself or herself and any Friend, agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant, on behalf of himself or herself and any Friend agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injuries, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes, disclosure of Friend name and contact information, and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Each Entrant, on behalf of himself or herself and any Friend, authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her photo, name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner and/or Friend may be asked to participate in select publicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant or Friend from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant or Friend is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. GOVERNING LAW: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is invalid, illegal or otherwise voidable (or void), shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in Los Angeles, California under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall an Entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sweepstakes Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s List or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Camry Effect a Friend Giveaway” Winner’s List/Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando FL 32801. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later February 29, 2012. Vermont residents may omit return postage.