NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. The following promotion is intended for participants in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be governed by U.S. laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal U.S. resident currently located and residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below. Entrants are providing information to Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and not to Facebook.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry (each an "Entrant" or, collectively, "Entrants"). Entrant, if selected as a Daily Winner, must be available to travel from August 1, 2013 to August 5, 2013.
Sponsor, employees, owners, shareholders, officers and directors of Sponsor, Sponsor's local dealer groups and authorized dealers, distributors, Administrator, (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, promotion and advertising agencies together with the Immediate Family Members and/or those living in the same household of such persons (collectively, "Household Members"), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses; and employees of "local dealer groups, authorized dealers and distributors" shall include individuals employed directly by the local dealer group, authorized dealer or distributor such as sales, mechanical, marketing, operations, and accounting staff. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant or potential winner in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant or potential winner will be deemed the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Sweepstakes prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, the Entrant must follow the steps below to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Entrant must enter via the Sweepstakes homepage at http://apps.moontoast.com/toyota/corolla-1/ ("Website"), or via www.Facebook.com/Toyota by clicking on the expandable official Sweepstakes post which will appear on Sponsor's ToyotaUSA Facebook wall;
- Entrant must complete the entry form by providing his/her first & last name, email address, zip code and phone number;
- Entrant must affirmatively accept the Official Rules and affirmatively confirm they meet the minimum age of eligibility (21); and
- Upon completion of the entry form and affirmative acceptance statements; Entrant must click the "Submit" button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
|Daily Entry Period||Start Time - As of 12:01 am PT||End Time - As of 11:59 pm PT|
|Period 1||July 8, 2013||July 8, 2013|
|Period 2||July 9, 2013||July 9, 2013|
|Period 3||July 10, 2013||July 10, 2013|
|Period 4||July 11, 2013||July 11, 2013|
Limit one (1) entry per person for each Daily Entry Period regardless of method of entry. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm PT to be eligible for the respective Daily Entry Period. Entries will not carry over between Daily Entry Periods. Any deliberate attempt to manipulate the entry process or produce entries in excess of the limitation may result in disqualification of the Entrant. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address and/or phone number used for entry. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested on entry form to be eligible to win. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Daily Entry Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: Potential Daily Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received for each Daily Entry Period on or about Monday, July 15, 2013. Potential winners will be notified on or about Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at the email address and/or phone number (if provided) associated with the entry. TRAVEL IS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 1 - 5, 2013. EACH POTENTIAL DAILY WINNER MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL ON THESE DATES OR SUCH POTENTIAL DAILY WINNER BE INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE PRIZE. Each potential Daily Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a prize goes unclaimed or a potential Daily Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Daily Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Daily Winner may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator. Potential Daily Winners will be required to verify address and to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release, and other prize releases (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed Prize Claim Documents are returned. Each Daily Winner's travel companion ("Guest") must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Guest will be required to sign and return a travel companion eligibility/liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity and media release. Additionally, each potential Daily Winner may be required to submit to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Prize Winner will not, in the Sponsor's' sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential Daily Winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a particular Daily Winner prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Each Daily Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the redemption of a prize. For tax reporting purposes, each Daily Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Daily Winner for the actual value of the prize received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH DAILY WINNER.
6. PRIZES (4 Total Available): Subject to the above winner selection and notification requirements, each Daily Winner will receive the following: a 5-day /4-night trip to Chicago, IL (the "Trip") from August 1 – 5, 2013 to attend the Lollapalooza Music Festival ("Event"). The Trip will consist of the following: (a.) round-trip coach class air transportation for two (2) between the major airport nearest winner's residence and an airport in the greater Chicago area; (b.) four (4) nights hotel accommodation for winner and guest(one standard room; double occupancy, room & tax only) at a hotel selected by the Sponsor; (c.) admission for the winner and guest to attend the Event; and (d.) ground transportation between the airport and the hotel in Chicago; and (e.) $300 cash allowance to help offset incidental expenses (awarded in the form of a check, at the Administrator's discretion). The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Daily Prize is $5,000.
Winner and Guest agree to undertake the Trip at their own risk. Actual value of prize will depend on point of departure, any air transportation fluctuations and seasonal pricing. If, in the judgment of Sweepstakes Entities air travel is not required due to the proximity of my residence to Chicago, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Any difference between amounts stated in these rules and actual ARV will not be awarded. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in their sole discretion. Details of the Event will be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Daily Winner and Guest will be subject to all of the rules and regulations of the Event, as detailed by the Sponsor and/or its designee. Daily Winner and Guest may be asked to sign additional confidentiality releases, on-camera releases, agreements, and/or production releases as requested on-site during the Event. If the Event is cancelled or becomes otherwise unavailable, the remaining Trip elements will still be awarded and such Trip will fulfill the Sponsor's obligation to award the prize. The Event has no associated cash value. Daily Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip. Each Guest must be at least 21 years of age and at least the age. Airline will to be selected by Sponsor or its designees, at their sole discretion. Airline carrier regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of Trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsors sole discretion. If Daily Winner elects to travel without a Guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Daily Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified incidentals, including, but not limited to, additional transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for a prize (or prize component), except that Sweepstakes Entities, at their sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) with one of equal value due to prize unavailability.
Trip Conduct: Daily Winner and Guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. Daily Winner and Guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. Daily Winner and Guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event the Daily Winner or Guest engages in the above or behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the winner and guest home with no further compensation.
Sweepstakes Entities maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, transportation company, hotel, restaurant or venue ("Providing Party") and Sponsor is merely an independent supplier of the Trip and is not in any way related to each Providing Party. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of those Providing Parties or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (b) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by any of those suppliers, (c) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities, or (d) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle winner selection, notification and fulfillment tasks on Sponsor's behalf. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Each Daily Winner authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her photo, video, name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winners' list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Daily Winner and Guest may be asked to participate in select publicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. GOVERNING LAW: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is invalid, illegal or otherwise voidable (or void), shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in Los Angeles, California under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall an Entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sweepstakes Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. WINNERS' LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the list of the winner(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "Corolla Sweepstakes for Lollapalooza" Winners' List/Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando FL 32801. Requests for the name of the winner(s) must be received no later September 30, 2013. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK IS COMPLETELY RELEASED OF ALL LIABILITY BY EACH ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ENTRANTS WILL BE PROVIDED TO SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND WILL NOT BE PROVIDED TO FACEBOOK.