Voice Recognition Overview
Toyota features an advanced voice recognition system that allows you to control many multimedia functions through voice commands.
The voice command switch is located on the steering wheel. When you press the button, a command list appears on the screen to prompt you for a response.
The Toyota system uses natural speech information (English only). This means the voice command can be less structured and still be understood. For example, instead of saying “stock quotes,” you can say, “how are my stocks doing?” The system should be able to recognize the key words and complete your request.
For a complete list of commands, please refer to your Owner’s Manual.
Voice recognition commands power the following multimedia functions:
Note: "Press" refers to hard buttons on the sides of the screen; "Touch" refers to the display screen (phone or multimedia system).
Using Voice Recognition
- Press on the steering wheel
- The system will prompt you for an entry through the vehicle’s speakers
- The multimedia screen will default to the voice recognition menu screen
- Note that when the system is speaking, the voice recognition icon on the screen is grayed out. Once you are prompted for an entry with a tone, the icon will illuminate indicating it is in a listening state
Bing™ POI Search Using Voice Recognition
- From the Bing™ screen, touch the microphone icon at the top
- The screen will read, “listening”
- Say a category or search word
- The screen will read, “thinking”
- Touch Cancel to cancel voice search
- A list of options will appear
- Select a desired search result
- Touch Call to call desired location
- Touch Cancel to cancel call
- Touch Map to begin route calculation
- Touch OK to begin navigation
- Touch Go to begin calculating route
- Option: Touch 3 Routes to see routing options:
- Touch route choice: Preferred, Alternate, Short
- Option: Touch Edit Route to Add or Delete the destination
- Touch Preferences to set up route preferences
Touch OK to begin navigation
The audio system enables users to enjoy audio played on a Bluetooth® -compatible portable player or smartphone from the vehicle’s speakers via wireless communication.
This single-disc play incorporated into the unit can play audio CDs, MP3, WMA discs and DVDs .
HD Radio™ 
HD Radio™  Technology converts the traditional analog radio broadcast to digital and provides advanced audio and data features that enhance your listening experience.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
SiriusXM  delivers over 170 channels of sports, news, talk, and commercial-free music, all in amazing digital sound.
All your favorite local stations on AM/FM radio.