Remotely turn on the air conditioning.
From your compatible Android™ smartphone or iPhone® you have the ability to remotely activate the air conditioning system in your Plug-in Hybrid.
- The Remote Climate18 will activate the vehicle's air conditioning system in order to reach the last set temperature within the vehicle.
- If the cabin temperature is hotter than the set temperature, air conditioning will engage.
- Your desired temperature in vehicle must be set using the climate control system in your vehicle prior to engaging Remote Climate Control from mobile device.
- Please note certain accessories left in the "On" position such as the vehicles lights or windshield wipers will also function while the Remote Climate App is engaged. Ensure those accessories are turned to the "Off" position prior to using the Remote Climate18 app.
Doors MUST be locked prior to engaging the Remote Climate App on your phone.
- Launch the Entune® App Suite app on your phone
- Touch the Remote Climate icon.
- Enter the 4-digit pass code.
- Touch Turn On Climate to activate the vehicle's air conditioning system.
- A warning screen will then prompt a response. Touch OK to confirm the request*.
- The App will show the request is being sent to the vehicle. Please note this process can take between 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Remote Climate will activate the climate control for up to a 10-minute period and will then automatically shut off. This time can be monitored using the countdown timer on the app screen. If further air conditioning is desired, the app can be reengaged for additional 10-minute intervals16.
*Do not initiate a remote climate with people or pets in the vehicle. Even when the system is in use the internal temperature may reach a high or low level due to such features such as automatic shut-off. Children and pets left inside the vehicle may suffer heatstroke, dehydration or hypothermia or could result in death or serious injury. For more information consult your Owner's Manual.
Click here to explore what the Plug-in Apps16, 17 can do for you.
What can I control with Entune® App Suite when my phone is USB-connected?
Entune® App Suite does not control any apps on your phone except for the Entune® App Suite app itself. Therefore, when your phone is connected, you can use any app on your phone with the exception of the Entune® App Suite app. The Entune® App Suite app is locked out while the phone is connected, so use the in-vehicle controls instead.