Remotely control certain vehicle charging functions from your smartphone.
The Charge Management App allows you to initiate a vehicle charge remotely when it is plugged into a charging station or household outlet by overriding the vehicle's charge timer. It can also provide a real time snapshot of the current battery state of charge.
Upon successful completion of the vehicle's battery charge, an email will be sent notifying the charging session is complete, and the screen will show a completed battery charge along with the estimated EV Mode distance.
Follow the steps below to initiate a charge from your smartphone.
- Ensure vehicle is securely plugged into the charging station
(note: vehicle's charge timer must be set to perform a Charge Now request from your smartphone).
- Touch the Entune® Charge Management icon.
- Enter your 4-digit pass code.
- Touch the Charge Now button. The App will show the request is being sent to the vehicle. Please note this process can take between 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Now Charging confirmation with animation will appear on the screen.
- Even though the animation on the battery indicates the battery is charging, the information displayed on the screen is static. If you wish to see the current state of charge or update the Remaining Charge Time, touch the Refresh button.
- Upon successful completion of the vehicle's battery charge, an email will be sent notifying the charging session is complete, and the screen will show a completed battery charge along with the estimated electric-only distance.
Plug-in EV mode is a blended operation of electricity and gas and can work under certain conditions for approximately 11 miles on a full charge. Quick Acceleration and braking, road and vehicle conditions, or climate control may prevent or limit usage or effectiveness of EV mode.
Click here to explore the Plug-in Apps16, 17 Simulator.
What can I control with Entune® when my phone is USB-connected?
Entune® does not control any apps on your phone except for the Entune® app itself. Therefore, when your phone is connected, you can use any app on your phone with the exception of the Entune® app. The Entune® app is locked out while the phone is connected, so use the in-vehicle controls instead.