Grant Guidelines & Applications
Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. (TMS)
TOYOTA’S MISSION IN NORTH AMERICA
At Toyota, we believe an auto company can also be a vehicle for change. That’s why we support programs focused on environment, education and safety initiatives that help strengthen the diverse communities where we live and work – for today and for the future.
In addition to funding national programs, Toyota is proud to partner with nonprofit organizations across the U.S. in the local communities where we live and work. This includes supporting arts & culture, civic & community, health and human services, and leadership development.
TMS GENERAL GUIDELINES
Toyota prefers to support programs, rather than sponsor events. Organizations must apply for each new grant requested, and subsequent funding is contingent upon evaluation of previous activities.
TMS does not make grants for publications, lobbying activities, advertising, capital campaigns or endowments. Individuals are ineligible to apply. Toyota will not make grants to the following types of organizations/activities:
- Organizations not recognized as 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Organizations that serve only their own memberships, such as fraternal organizations, labor organizations or religious groups
- Political parties or candidates
- Athletic/sports games and teams
GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE FOR TMS
California and areas where we have major facilities.
FUNDING SCOPE FOR TMS
We believe that a worthwhile cause is worth our support. We focus our diverse support on education, the environment and safety, but also fund civic groups, arts and culture, health and human services.
We believe through our ongoing support and synergistic partnerships, there’s no limit to the positive changes we can achieve – together.
Apply for a Grant
If your organization meets any of our geographic and funding missions as well as the general limitations, please use our online tool to apply for funding.
If you would like to resume an
application begun earlier on the tool: