Great Co-ops and Internships
Great Co-ops and Internships
- Currently enrolled in college with a 3.0 GPA or better?
- Looking to put classroom theory into practice?
- Curious and inquisitive?
- A "hands-on" kind of person?
- Interested in making a difference?
For co-ops and interns, TMMNA offers:
- commitment to continuous learning and education
- a chance to develop job-specific talents for the workplace
- help in developing 'soft skills' required in today's work world
- technical knowledge necessary for employment at Toyota.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FROM CO_OP AND INTERNSHIP CANDIDATES
What is the purpose of TMMNA's co-op program?
- The co-op program is intended to be a gateway to long term employment, while providing training and work experience in a manufacturing* environment to college youth. TMMNA is strongly committed to employing U.S. citizens and permanent residents; we do not accept students to work at TMMNA on a temporary Visa.
What is a Toyota Co-op? Intern?
- Co-op: College students hired to work for a specific period of time
for paid career related work experiences which alternate between school and
work and which vary. Work assignments may last for a minimum of three semesters
or six quarters.
- Interns: Positions that allow students to work full-time with no commitment by either party to return again.
How are students selected?
- Students are selected with academic backgrounds, interests, possible career goals which with the job assignment.
Is there a certain G.P.A. that a student must have?
- Students should maintain a G.P.A. of 3.0/4.0 or better overall which is confirmed each quarter / semester with grades. (Students with lower G.P.A.'s may be considered for assignments on an exception basis.)
How are we paid?
- Co-ops / Interns hourly pay is determined by two criteria: the number of Accumulated Credit Hours plus the number of Accumulated Work Hours at any Toyota facility.
Are we paid overtime?
- Overtime will be paid at the rate of one and one-half times the hourly rate after 40 hours each week including Saturdays. Overtime on TMMNA designated holidays only will be paid at double the hourly rate. All overtime must be pre-approved.
Do we get vacation or sick days?
- There are no vacation or sick days. Any time off other than those designated
TMMNA Holidays, is taken without pay and must be approved in advance by the
Department supervisor and the College Relations Specialist.
- In order to receive holiday pay, co-op / intern must work the day before and the day after the holiday; unless otherwise agreed upon in advance by the department supervisor and the College Relations Specialist.
Does Toyota provide cars for students to use during the co-op/internship?
- Students must have their own transportation, regardless of where they live.
TMMNA does not provide students with automobiles for their personal use.
- At TMMNA, co-op / intern students on authorized business will be reimbursed for reasonable and lawful expenses.
Does Toyota provide relocation assistance?
- Students whose permanent residence is outside a 50-mile radius of their TMMNA
work assignment are eligible for relocation assistance.
- Students whose permanent residence is outside a 50-mile radius of their TMMNA work assignment will be reimbursed at the current TMMNA mileage rate for one relocation trip to the work site when the student begins work and for one return trip after their last day of work. No additional expenses will be reimbursed without prior approval from TMMNA Human Resources Department
- Students coming more than a 260-mile radius from the TMMNA site will either be reimbursed mileage as stated above , as well as lodging, meals, etc., or they will be provided air transportation for the two one-way trips, at TMMNA's option. No additional expenses will be reimbursed without prior approval from TMMNA Human Resources Department.
Does Toyota provide housing?
- Currently, Toyota does not provide housing for students; however, TMMNA will provide housing information.
Thank you for your interest in Toyota! Please take a few minutes to Create Your Candidate Profile. This profile allows you to be considered for future opportunities at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc., Toyota Technical Center (TTC), Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK), Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia (TMMWV) and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama (TMMAL). Once you have created your profile, you may update your information as needed.