TOYOTA USA FOUNDATION – GUIDELINES & APPLICATIONS
The Toyota U.S.A. Foundation is committed to improving the quality of K‐12 education, with a primary interest in mathematics and science. Organizations must be located within and serve the people of the United States. In addition to the work of the Foundation, Toyota funds national programs in the environment, safety and education focus areas. Toyota also supports the social well‐being of local communities across the U.S. For the national and local programs guidelines and applications, click here.
The Toyota USA Foundation is committed to enhancing the quality of K‐12 education by supporting innovative programs and building partnerships with organizations dedicated to improving the teaching and learning of mathematics, science and environmental science.
A high priority is placed on the following:
- Creative and innovative programs which develop the potential of students and/or teachers;
- Programs which are broad in scope and incorporate systemic approach; and,
- Cost‐effective programs that possess a high potential for success with relatively low duplication of effort.
Grants are provided to support the development and implementation of programs that generally range from $50,000 ‐ $500,000. The Foundation will only fund a program one time; however, a grant recipient may present a new program for consideration after three years.
The Toyota USA Foundation reviews applications continually and does not have deadlines. The review process can take up to six months.
Funds are not provided for:
- Routine business expenses, operating costs, annual fund drives or deficit reductions
- Endowments, capital campaigns, fund‐raising events, construction and equipment (except as noted above where the equipment is as a component of an eligible program)
- Publication subsidies, advertising and mass mailings
- Lobbying organizations, political parties, labor organizations, fraternal groups and religious organizations
- Individual scholarships
- Vehicle donations
- Sports teams
- Non U.S.‐based charities
- Organizations without 501©(3) status
Currently, the Toyota USA Foundation will review applications that range between a total of $50,000 to $200,000.
If your organization meets the funding scope of the Toyota USA Foundation, and the general limitations, and you would like to apply for funding, click here.