Grants & Gifts
Toyota Motor North America, Inc. (TMA)
TOYOTA’S MISSION IN NORTH AMERICA
At Toyota, we believe an auto company can also be a vehicle for change. That’s why we support programs focused on environment, education and safety initiatives that help strengthen the diverse communities where we live and work – for today and for the future.
The Toyota USA Foundation funds education programs for K‐12 in math, science and education. For a description of the Foundation program and our partners, click here. For the Foundation guidelines and application, click here.
In addition to funding national programs, Toyota is proud to partner with nonprofit organizations across the U.S. in the local communities where we live and work. This includes supporting arts & culture, civic & community, health and human services, and leadership development.
TMA GENERAL GUIDELINES
Toyota prefers to support programs, rather than sponsor events. Organizations must apply for each new grant requested, and subsequent funding is contingent upon evaluation of previous activities.
TMA does not make grants for publications, lobbying activities, advertising, capital campaigns or endowments. Individuals are ineligible to apply. Toyota will not make grants to the following types of organizations/activities:
- Organizations not recognized as charitable organizations by the Internal Revenue Service
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Organizations that serve only their own memberships, such as fraternal organizations, labor organizations or religious groups
- Churches, synagogues, and other houses of religious worship
- Political parties or candidates
- Beauty Pageants
- Athletic/sports games and teams
GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE FOR TMA
Across U.S. and locally in the New York City area.
FUNDING SCOPE FOR TMA
Nationally, Toyota focuses in 3 areas: environment, safety and education. National programs in these areas must have a broad reach by impacting several major U.S. cities, communities or groups.
In the local New York City area, we also focus on those three major areas, and provide other local assistance as well. This includes but is not limited to organizations working in arts & culture, civic & community, health and human services, disaster relief, and leadership development.
Apply for a Grant
If your organization meets any of our geographic and funding missions as well as the general limitations, please use our online tool to apply for funding.
If you would like to resume an
application begun earlier on the tool: