Grants & Gifts
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV)
I. TOYOTA’S MISSION IN NORTH AMERICA
At Toyota, we believe an auto company can also be a vehicle for change. This is why Toyota is proud to partner with nonprofit organizations across the U.S. in the local communities where we live and work.
Toyota and affiliates support programs in environment, youth and education, safety and diversity.
Special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that show sustainability. While Toyota prefers to support program-based requests, on occasion, Toyota will support fund-raising activities where the majority of the proceeds go directly to the organization.
II. FUNDING GUIDELINES
a. Toyota funds requests that:
- Are geared towards benefiting a large number of people
- Offer participation in local educational programs
- Exhibit clear, measurable and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Target youth within any of the funding priority areas
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations
b. Toyota is unable to fund requests:
- From organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Political organizations, parties or candidates
- Fraternal organizations
- Labor organizations
- Non-charitable organizations
- Athletic organizations or sports teams
- Individual and/or private schools
- Covering routine institutional expenses or deficits
c. Geographic scope
Top priority to Putnam County; second priority to Cabell, Jackson, Kanawha, Lincoln and Mason counties; with a limited participation in important statewide projects (West Virginia).
III. Submissions information
Toyota USA Foundation
In addition to local programs where Toyota has manufacturing sites, The Toyota USA Foundation funds innovative programs that improve the teaching and learning of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Click here for the foundation guidelines and application.
Apply for a Grant
If your organization meets any of our geographic and funding missions as well as the general limitations, please use our online tool to apply for funding.
If you would like to resume an
application begun earlier on the tool: