Grants & Gifts
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America, Inc., Toyota Technical Center (TTC)
TOYOTA’S MISSION IN NORTH AMERICA
At Toyota, we believe an auto company can also be a vehicle for change. That’s why we support programs focused on environment, education and safety initiatives that help strengthen the diverse communities where we live and work – for today and for the future.
In addition to funding national programs, Toyota is proud to partner with nonprofit organizations across the U.S. in the local communities where we live and work. This includes supporting arts & culture, civic & community, health and human services, and leadership development.
In addition to focusing on Education, Environment, and Safety, TTC considers requests for support of programs that promote and strengthen Health and Human Services, Arts and Culture, Civic and Community Progress, Minorities and Diversity. Special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that can show sustainability. TEMA will, on occasion, support fund-raising activities where the majority of the proceeds from the event go directly to the organization.
Submission dates for applications are: February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1. Grants are reviewed quarterly (March, June, September and December).
Toyota Technical Center favors proposals that:
- Are geared toward benefiting a large number of people
- Offer participation in local educational programs
- Exhibit clear, measurable, and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Target youth within any of the funding priority areas
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations
- Mainly originate and serve the Washtenaw County area
Toyota Technical Center does not provide funding for:
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, age or national origin
- Political Organizations, Parties or Candidates
- Fraternal Organizations
- Religious Houses of Worship
- Labor Organizations
- Non-Charitable Organizations
- Individual Schools
- Organizations from Foreign Countries
- Beauty pageants
- Athletic/Sports Games and Teams
- Fund-raisers and/or other programs that spend more than 40% of the collected funds on operating costs
- Subsidize routine institutional expenses or deficits
Geographic Scope for Toyota Technical Center
Michigan: specifically Washtenaw County
Arizona: specifically Maricopa County
California: specifically Los Angeles County
Apply for a Grant
If your organization meets any of our geographic and funding missions as well as the general limitations, please use our online tool to apply for funding.
If you would like to resume an
application begun earlier on the tool: