With the Toyota Entune® App Suite, you can now stream Pandora® in your vehicle and access the familiar controls right from your Toyota’s dash.
New to Pandora®? Great music discovery is effortless and free with Pandora® internet radio. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, genres or composers and Pandora® will do the rest. It’s easy to create personalized stations that play only music you’ll love.
Tap into an entire world of music and comedy - new and old, well known and obscure. Create up to 100 personalized radio stations with your free account.
Using your thumbs is the best way to fine-tune your station and help Pandora® deliver only the music you want to hear. If you like a track, click “thumbs-up” and Pandora® will play more songs like it. If you don’t like what you hear, click “thumbs-down” and Pandora® won’t play that track or ones like it again.
Pandora® will display the track title and artist, as well as the album art for many of the tracks directly on the multimedia screen in your Toyota. Pandora can be streamed in your car simultaneously with other apps or data services.
Phone must be paired and connected to Internet services. If it is not, please go to Pair a Phone to find out how to connect to Internet services. You must have a valid Pandora® account linked with your Entune account in order to use Pandora® in the Entune App Suite. (If you need to link your Pandora® account with Entune, please visit this link.)7 You can listen to Pandora® even if using other apps or data services.
Note: "Press" refers to hard buttons on the sides of the screen; "Touch" refers to the display screen (phone or multimedia system).
Play a Pandora® Station
- Press the APPS button on the faceplate (note, in some systems it may be required to press the Info/Apps button or to press the “Menu” button then touch “Apps”)
- Touch Pandora® to launch application
- Music will begin playing automatically; Pandora® will display track information and album art when available
- Touch the broadcast tower icon to access your station list (note, on some units it may be necessary to touch options and then select your station list; you can also access your stations by touching the album art on the now playing screen)
- Touch desired station to play the station
- A track will begin playing from the selected station
Create a Pandora® Station
- Touch Create Station
- Touch Artist, Song, or Composer
- Enter an artist, track or composer using the touchscreen keyboard
- Touch OK when finished
- Make a selection based on search results
- Pandora® will create a station and begin playing
- While listening to a song, Pandora® will display the track title, album title, artist, and album art, if available
Delete a Pandora® Station
- Touch Edit Stations
- Touch a station to edit
- Touch Yes or No to delete or keep station
Personalizing Your Stations
- You can personalize your stations by using thumbs.
- When a station is playing, touch the thumbs-up icon to "like" the track; Pandora® will play more tracks with similar qualities
- Touch the thumbs-down icon to "dislike" the track; Pandora® will skip that track and avoid tracks with similar qualities
Pause and Skip Songs
- Touch the II button to pause the song
- Touch the > button to resume playing the song
- Touch the >>I button to skip a song (Pandora® licensing requires that the number of skips be limited)
Quick Return to Your Station List
- Touch the displayed album art to quickly return to your station list
QuickMix / Shuffle
- Touch Shuffle
- Pandora® will begin playing a mix of your stations
Icons on top of Pandora® Screen
- 6 small squares = Return to main app screen
- Antenna icon = Return to stations list
- Curved arrow = Return to previous screen
Which apps are included with Entune® App Suite?7
The third-party apps supported through Toyota Entune®
App Suite include:
– Search "points of interest" with this Web search engine from Microsoft. Map a particular point as a destination in the vehicle's navigation 15
system or call it using the vehicle's hands-free phone capability.
iHeartRadio – Access more than 750 of America’s favorite local radio stations. Access unique celebrity-hosted channels, commercial-free shows and some of the best DJs and hosts across the country. Listen to local news, weather, and traffic stations.
MovieTickets.com – Search for theaters, movies, and showtimes. View star ratings, purchase tickets, call a theater or map its location with the vehicle's navigation 15
– Search from over 20,000 U.S. restaurants. Make a reservation, call a restaurant or map its location in the vehicle's navigation 15
system. Earn OpenTable®
– Personalize Internet radio stations based on your favorite artists or songs. Discover new music mixed in with the music you already know. (Daily use of Pandora®
or iHeartRadio may have an impact on your cellular data plan. You can take a look at the data calculators provided on your cellular carrier's website or speak with your wireless carrier to understand which data plans would fit you the best.)
What if I already have these apps on my phone? Do I have to download them again?
No, if you already have an existing account for any of the applications, you can simply link them to the Toyota Entune® App Suite application during registration. This allows vehicle integration and gives you the ability to utilize the various in-vehicle controls.
Does Entune® App Suite automatically update when I make changes or updates within the applications?
App Suite will update your preferences between the various third-party applications and data services. You can personalize music from Internet radio apps (iHeartRadio and Pandora®
), and they will be recognized. If you personalize MovieTickets.com and OpenTable®
, those too will be recognized. With BingTM
, you can save a POI, then when you connect with your vehicle it will be transferred to the vehicle’s navigation 15
system. You can also set the data services to report current traffic and weather conditions in your area or throughout the United States. Sports scores and stock quotes can also be customized to your preference.
Can Entune® App Suite applications be used while driving?
All applications are accessible when in Park.
BingTM's point of interests searching can operate while driving using voice recognition.
iHeartRadio and Pandora® can be operated while driving. Preset selections are available. However, you cannot edit or create new stations or playlists within these applications. For example, you can pick an existing Pandora® station while driving; however, creating a new station is not allowed.
MovieTickets.com allows limited viewing of theaters and movie times. You can also call and map the theater.
OpenTable® allows you to view restaurant addresses and upcoming reservations. You can also call the restaurant, map the restaurant or cancel reservations.
Can I access social networking apps such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn®?
Not at this time. We recognize the consumer demand for these services and are studying ways to safely implement them within the vehicle.
Will Entune® App Suite connect wirelessly to my phone and provide control of the applications on my mobile phone?
App Suite will provide control of all the application functions for most phones including in-vehicle displays, controls, and data retrieval. The data stream is conducted wirelessly between the mobile phone and the multimedia system when it is paired using Bluetooth® 8
technology. Select phones, such as the iPhone® 10
, will require a USB cable to use Entune®
App Suite. However, you must launch the Entune®
App Suite application on your mobile phone. Entune®
App Suite will lock you out of the application on your phone and operate from the in-vehicle controls.
What can I control with Entune® App Suite when my phone is USB-connected?
Entune® App Suite does not control any apps on your phone except for the Entune® App Suite app itself. Therefore, when your phone is connected, you can use any app on your phone with the exception of the Entune® App Suite app. The Entune® App Suite app is locked out while the phone is connected, so use the in-vehicle controls instead.
What other apps are you planning to add? When will these be available?
Toyota is always looking for ways to enhance the driving experience. There are several apps that are being considered for future inclusion, but we have no announcements at this time. Toyota created a flexible and adaptable system that offers easy upgrades for new applications and services through wireless updates on mobile phones.
How does the Toyota Entune® App Suite 7 system update?
Answer coming soon
Will it be obsolete when my car is five years old?
We recognize that a new vehicle is a big investment, and technology is always changing and improving. Toyota created a flexible and adaptable system that offers upgrades for applications, services and mobile devices.
Will it be compatible with phones introduced two or three years from now?
Toyota Entune® App Suite’s software platform is flexible and adaptable to future technologies. It can be upgraded and used with most smartphones with a data plan. We will make regular announcements about new supported phones as they come to market.