Grants & Gifts
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS)
The Toyota Production System is supported by two pillars: “continuous improvement” and “respect for people.” The same cornerstone philosophy that produces quality, standard-setting vehicles also pushes Toyota to aid in growing quality and standard-setting in communities where it does business. Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS) believes in becoming an integral part of its communities by contributing to the economic growth of the area through volunteering time, funding organizations, upholding strict moral standards and setting high standards for environmental performance.
TMMMS’s Donation Program is responsive to the critical needs communities face and prioritizes grant requests based on program needs and suitableness of support.
Education, Health and Human Services, Arts and Culture, Environment & Road Safety, Civic and Community Progress, Minorities and Diversity – Special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that can show sustainability.
Grants are reviewed quarterly (March, June, September and December). Submission dates for applications are: February 1, May 15, August 15 and November 15.
TMMMS FAVORS PROPOSALS THAT:
- Support Toyota’s identified priority areas
- Advance or support local issues
- Target youth within the funding priority areas
- Support existing community art programs
- Offer participation in educational programs
- Benefit a large number of people
- Exhibit clear, measurable and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Engage Toyota team members and their families
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Include strategic commitments from other funding organizations
- Support highly regarded community programs
TMMMS DOES NOT PROVIDE FUNDING FOR:
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, age or national origin
- Capital Projects or assets (ex: building campaigns or vehicle purchases)
- Political Organizations, Parties or Candidates
- Fraternal Organizations
- Religious Houses of Worship
- Labor Organizations
- Non-Charitable Organizations
- Individual or Private Schools
- Organizations from Foreign Countries
- Beauty pageants
- Athletic/Sports Games and Teams
- Fund-raisers and/or other programs that spend more than 40% of the collected funds on operating costs
- Subsidize routine institutional expenses or deficits
GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE FOR TMMMS
Alcorn, Itawamba, Lee, Lowndes, Monroe, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union counties.
FUNDING SCOPE FOR TMMMS
TMMMS supports sustainable and diverse programs and organizations focusing on Youth & Education, Health & Human Services, Civic & Community, the Environment and Arts & Culture. TMMMS prefers to support program specific grants rather than event sponsorships. Submission deadlines for applications are: February 1, May 15, August 15, November 15. Grant request status notification will be provided to applicants within 45 days of the application deadline. TMMMS does not donate vehicles or make grants to individuals.
Apply for a Grant
If your organization meets any of our geographic and funding missions as well as the general limitations, please use our online tool to apply for funding.
If you would like to resume an
application begun earlier on the tool: