Supporting the education of sustainable living.
The Toyota Green Initiative (TGI) supports the education of African-Americans on the importance and value of adopting a sustainable lifestyle. Through connecting with African American professionals and the students and communities of Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU), we hope to create a greater emotional connection between African-Americans, education, sustainability and philanthropy.
Toyota partners with select HBCUs and identifies Campus Ambassadors who help establish and further campus recycling programs and shift student perceptions about the advantages of “living green”.
In 2017, TGI will increase the focus on impactful volunteerism, nutrition, health and education. Each event will feature vehicle test drives, multiple learning stations & opportunities to learn about “going green”.
CIAA Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association
- 12 institutions in the Central Atlantic Area
- 80% of alumni reside in Southeast and Central Atlantic region
- Basketball Tournament is one of the largest AA events with +200,000 attendees
SWAC Southwestern Athletic Conference
- One of nation's largest alumni groups at 1.5 million
- 10 institutions in Southwest
- Alumni are located predominantly in the Southeast and Gulf States regions
UNCF United Negro College Fund
- 38 member schools include Howard, Hampton, Morehouse, Spelman, Clark Atlanta and North Carolina A&T
- Support approximately 60,000 students at over 900 colleges and universities
- 8,000 UNCF students graduate each year